SBI CLERICAL Exam
SBI is the largest public sector bank in India. SBI Clerical has glamour of its own. SBI conducts nationwide exam to recruit for these posts. As the organization is huge, you will have multiple career growth opportunities. SBI recruits for clerical cadre assistants through an online exam. The newly appointed assistants will be on probation for a Minimum period of 6 months. 15 prescribed e-lessons will be required to be completed by newly recruited Assistants during the probation, for getting confirmed in the Bank, failing which their probation will be extended till completion of the same. 15 prescribed e-lessons (for confirmation) will include role-based e-lessons. Further, before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of those employees whose performance fails to meet Bank's expectation, may be extended.
Emoluments: The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.17500.00 per month inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
By Age limit:
Age criterion is set to 18 to 28 years for General candidates .
Person who belongs to reserved category, they will be shortlisted according to age relaxation as per Govt rules.
A Degree (Graduation level) from a recognised university, or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central/State Government.
Those who are in the final year of Graduation/Semester may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the Graduation Examination.
Though there is no exactly defined syllabus, we may infer from past experiences that questions may come from following topics.
1. General Awareness: In this section questions will be asked Banking Awareness, Economic Data, Govt. Schemes, Current Affairs from all areas such as: National, International, Sports, Business, Awards etc. There is a substantial weightage of questions from Current Affairs.
2. General English: In this section questions will be asked Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Antonym and Synonym, Common Errors, Spotting the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence improvement, Cloze Test, Sentence Rearrangement etc.
3. Reasoning: In this section questions will be asked Coding & Decoding, Blood Relation, Direction sense, Alphabet Series, Syllogism, Seating Arrangement + Tabulation Alphanumeric Series, Data Sufficiency, Statement – Argument, Statement – Assumption, Statement – conclusion etc.
4. Quantitative Aptitude: In this section questions will be asked Simplification, Number System, Number Series, Percentage, Profit Loss, Average, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Simple & Compound Interest, Data.
5. Marketing Aptitude + Computer Knowledge: Basic questions will be asked form both section.
Marketing Section: You should have the basic knowledge of Fundamental & Basic concept of Marketing.
Computer Section: You should have the basic knowledge of What are computer, how it works and its history. Try to learn each and every detail which helps the computer to perform. Also focus on MS Word, Excel and Power Point chapters
|Topics||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|1. General Awareness||40||40|
|2. General English||40||40|
|3. Quantitative Aptitude||40||40|
|4. Reasoning ability||40||40|
|5. Marketing Aptitude + Computer Knowledge||40||40 (20 questions each section)|
|Total||200 Qs||200 Marks|
Note: There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 25% mark will deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each section. And also secure over all cut off.
2. InterviewSelected candidates will be called
Cut Off for SBI Clerk
General - 142
OBC - 142
SC - 125
ST – 110
Tentative dates: Based on past experience Exam is announced in May / June and conducted in July / August